Posted By thestatedtruth.com on February 3, 2017
Try these foods at diner, sleep better!
FIVE OF THE BEST FOOD & DRINKS TO HAVE BEFORE BED
1. Bananas – Bananas are rich in magnesium, a muscle relaxant, as well as sleep-promoting hormones serotonin and melatonin.
2. Almonds – Almonds contain tryptophan and magnesium, which both help to naturally reduce muscle and nerve function while also steadying your heart rhythm.
3. Honey – A teaspoon of honey contains glucose, which tells your brain to shut off orexin, the chemical known to trigger alertness.
4. Oats – Grains in oatmeal trigger insulin production and raise your blood sugar naturally. Oats are also rich in melatonin.
5. Turkey – The post-Christmas lunch nap is no coincidence – turkey is packed with sleep-inducing tryptophan.